Monday 17 July 2017

A Perfectly Pink Sewing Project

Handmade Dress // Dune Sandals // Primark Sunglasses // Baublebar Bracelet //
DKNY Watch // Baublebar Rings // Bag from Sorrento (similar) // Pinku iPhone Case

If you were stopping by my blog 3 years ago you may remember I went to a sewing class here in Suffolk because I wanted to learn a new skill. Will two years later I decided to go back to Spinney Brook Workbox and try my hand at something a little more complex! 

I had seen this blog post over on Gal Meets Glam earlier last year and fell in love with Julia's dress, but unfortunately it had sold out. So when my sister told me she wanted to go back and learn some dress making skills I already knew in my head what I wanted to create! I found the pattern in a local sewing shop and the fabric (which sadly does wrinkle quite easily) on Etsy, after hours of hunting for the perfect size check.

This time we went for two days of sewing with Elizabeth and my dress came home almost complete, I just had to sew the buttons on. This dress was not the easiest to make and there is no way I could have made it on my own, but I learnt so many sewing skills from pattern cutting to button holes and collars. My favourite thing about the dress (and a requirement when I was looking for patterns) is that it has pockets. 

As we didn't go for our sewing class until the end of September I have been eagerly awaiting this summer to roll around so I could start wearing this dress non stop. I am so happy with how it turned out and pretty proud that I managed to make something wearable. My next project to tackle on my own is a simple skirt so hopefully I will find that easy! 

If you are looking for a sewing class in Suffolk then you should contact Elizabeth at Spinney Brook, she has bunch of project classes if you don't have an idea in mind and just want to learn to sew or she is more than happy to help you with your own project, perfect for beginners or someone who wants to try out something a little more adventurous!  

SaveSaveSave
SaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comments, they always make me smile :)