Wednesday 11 January 2017

2017 Goals

Cushions - Marks & Spencer // Ikea // T.K Maxx // Made by Me
Planner - T.K. Maxx 

A New Year is the perfect time to set some new goals for yourself for the year ahead. This year I wasn't sure what resolutions I should make but I decided on a few simple ones that I can hopefully stick to, none of them are hugely life changing but sometimes it's the small things that matter the most.


Spread Joy
It's not hard to spread a little joy to the people around you on a daily basis, a smile, a hello is all it can take. We all know that life is short and can end far sooner than we expected, it's important for me to tell the people I love that I love them as often as I can. Making time to call someone you haven't spoken to in a while but know you should have, sending a little hand written card or a little package can easily brighten someones day.
This year I plan on sending something to someone I love at least once a month. It doesn't have to be a lot, a cute card, or maybe a small care package for someone I know who is having a rough week. And for friend's that live closer  maybe I'll take round a fresh batch of cookies. 

Finishing What I Started
I have a bad habit of starting projects and not finishing them. I often see ideas on Pinterest and think I could make that. I go and buy all the things I need to make it and then don't get round to making them, well sometimes I do but it can be months/years (yes years) later. I have a list of projects I already have all the materials for that I am going to get working on this year and I plan on finishing them all!

Less is More
Every year I always go through my closet and have a good purge of things that I no longer need or don't wear. I think I've made good progress with this over the past few years and this year I want to continuing de-cluttering not just my closet but everything! Before I make any purchase this year I will be asking my self, do I NEED this? Do I have a use for this? Do I have a place in my home that I can put it? I mean did I really need to buy 4 new Christmas spatulas last year? No is the answer to that but anyone that knows me will know I probably go through using two or three in the process of baking a cake, I am a messier baker, so I will just have to use my Christmas spatulas all year round haha! 

Fear Less
I worry about so many small things and most of the time they are things I can even control, or things that don't really matter. Change is something I fear, but I know that I have to face it this year. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, even if we don't know what that reason is for right now, one day it will all come clear. So for now I just have to trust that things will work out exactly how they are meant to be.

"Don't be afraid of your fears.
They're not there to scare you.
They're there to let you know that something is worth it."


Have you set yourself any goals for 2017? I'd love to hear them all!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comments, they always make me smile :)