Friday 15 June 2012

Africa Alive

I would love to go on Safari in Africa but I don't think that is going to happen anytime soon, so I did the nest best thing and visited Africa Alive! I took my mum on the 'Plains of Africa' experience while we were there as a belated birthday present so she could get up close and personal to her favourite animal, the giraffes! I was surprised how friendly the giraffes were but I think it was mainly because they knew we had food for them! I also got to walk around with some lemurs, feed some goats, see a day old baby mongoose (anyone remember Rikki-Tikki-Tavi?), watch the meerkats play (they were one of my favourites, they make me think of Swift from Planet Earth Live) and see my friend do some of her education talks about some of the animals on her last day!! And another added bonus was it stayed ry all day!

















1 comment:

  1. WOW!! The pictures with the giraffes are crazy!! Looks like y'all had a great time! :)

    xo, sam

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comments, they always make me smile :)