Wednesday 22 December 2010

London Visit Part Two: What We Did

Day One: First off I am sorry for the picture heavy post! I just loved all the window displays so I took lots of pictures of them! When I arrived we went and grabbed some lunch at this burger place on Carnaby Street! Then we just did some shopping on Oxford Street and around that area! I love going in Selfridges so we spent a while walking around (I was drooling over bags) and then took some pictures of the window displays before heading off to the Apollo Victoria Theatre to go and see Wicked! It was absolutely amazing! I would highly recommend going to see it, if you haven't already! I didn't really know too much of the story behind it before I went, but I loved the story line and it gives you a whole different view on the Wicked Witch from the Wizard of Oz.
















Day Two: After being woken up in the early hours of the morning by some students setting off the fire alarm in the lift( according to my sister this happens quite frequently, the joys of students life!) and standing outside in the sub zero temperatures what what seemed like forever, we headed off to Harrods after my sister had collected her exam results(she passed them all YAY, I'm a proud big sister). This year all the window displays were based around Peter Pan, which just so happens to be my sister's favourite story! We spent ages walking around (in the rain) taking pictures!









I love walking around Harrods even more than Selfridges! You can find everything you could ever want in there, it's like I've died and gone to shopping heaven! As much as I love the halls of luxury filled with bags and jewelry galore (the Tiffany's windows were so cute with the birds) I've got say my favourite part is the food halls! I always buy one of the cakes there and normally a gingerbread man, although they'd sold out this time! I went for the Red Velvet whoopie cake, and it was delicious, I wish I'd got more! Next time I wanna try one of the blueberry eclairs!


After Harrods, we went over to the Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park. They had so many amazing gifts from all over the world there and I got some more Christmas gifts for people! There was also so many good food stalls there and everything was done out all festive and after this I felt super excited for Christmas! There was also a fair and a circus there which I would have liked to see but we didn't have ages to spend there, but if it's on again next year, I'll be going back and watching the circus!


Then it was off to Covent Garden to finish off the day before I had to get my train home! We shopped around the market and then went to Starbucks when it started raining again and then off to a pub for a quick drink!


I was completely shattered after two crazy days but I enjoyed every second of it and catching up with my sister!


4 comments:

  1. Fun picture! :o)

    Also love your site banner!

    -Samantha

    http://thisfashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous!

    I want to see all the Xmas dec's in London :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. ughhh i'm so jealous. i want to visit london sooooooooo bad!



    www.theairconditionedgypsy.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comments, they always make me smile :)